Are all our days karmic? I guess so if you believe that nothing happens by chance and that everything is as is meant to be at all times….I believe that we select, create and manifest the paths of our lives according the level of our consciousness and our inner voice and this blog reflects thoughts mostly on love and happiness, on relationships and daily life as I ride the waves of my own karma, sometimes in turbulence, sometimes in peace....

Friday 1 April 2011

Time management basics - if only I could master them!

So, as I’ve been procrastinating a lot lately about this and that, I’ve come across some old notes of mine about time management and maybe by sharing them out in the open, I’ll be more obliged to obey some, myself. So, here they are, old notes but always timeless….


• Do first things first (in other words, EAT YOUR FROG –for those who haven’t read this little wonder, look it up)
• Work from your to do list (what, you don’t make one? To do lists are absolutely necessary to put your mind in order)
• Do it right first time
• Finish what you start
• Learn how to spend your time by auditing your time usage with a time log
• Assert your right to control your time by saying ‘no’
• Resist distractions
• Handle each piece of paper only once (if you possibly can)
• Each time you handle a piece of paper do something to move it along
• Have a place for everything and keep everything in its place
• Concentrate on one thing at a time
• Keep your desk cleared of everything except the one highest priority item
• Delegate everything you can to others
• When in doubt, throw it out
• Commit your business goals & your personal goals to paper
• Plan daily, weekly & monthly
• Set deadlines for yourself and others
• Break larger or long-term tasks into manageable sections – i.e. how to eat an elephant
• Group related activities together
• Set your own priorities, don’t let others do it for you
• Find out who is interrupting you & establish control over interruptions
• Listen actively, focusing your full attention on the speaker
• Insist that meetings begin and end on time
• Insist that meetings stick to the agenda
• Differentiate between urgent tasks & important tasks
• Don’t waste time of others. The Golden Rule applies
• KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid – no offence to my readers this refers to me, really….)
• Make definite appointments; confirm and keep them
• Be in a hurry to get things done. Don’t take longer than necessary
• Make a special effort to get what you want out of the first hour of the day
• Do your most important work during your high energy periods
• Identify and systematically eliminate time wasters
• Focus on being effective (doing the right things) rather than efficient (doing things right)
• Look for new techniques to make you more effective and efficient
• Plan realistically; almost everything takes longer than expected.
As I’m going through this list now, I’m thinking of how many things I do wrong on a daily basis, I’m scattered here and there and my time goes wasted to unimportant chores when I could have been doing the things that matter and the things that bring me joy if I had planned my day right. So, lately I’m disciplined to write my to-do-list every morning and then follow it through and I’m trying to have all items in it ticked by the evening. This small daily routine gives me a sense of satisfaction and achievement and it helps me being focused and grounded.
We all want to live a rewarding life and our daily acts define just that!

With mucho amor to all,

Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment