Are all our days karmic? I guess so if you believe that nothing happens by chance and that everything is as is meant to be at all times….I believe that we select, create and manifest the paths of our lives according the level of our consciousness and our inner voice and this blog reflects thoughts mostly on love and happiness, on relationships and daily life as I ride the waves of my own karma, sometimes in turbulence, sometimes in peace....

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Seven Rules for the Rewarding Life - by Robin Sharma

A rewarding life is a simple creation, made up of daily acts of excellence, contribution and self-leadership. All too often, we believe that a great life requires us to do something heroic and involves a grand gesture that makes us stand out from the crowd.
However, this is not the case.

Instead, a richly rewarding life occurs when we commit ourselves to being excellent on a daily basis and committing small, consistent acts of 'minor greatness' which over the course of a lifetime amount to something very grand and significant. In my work as an author and a leadership thinker, I have the opportunity to show people how to live their best lives and create a lasting legacy in the process. What follows are seven rules that will help you lift your life to its next level.

Rule 1 - PUT PEOPLE OVER POSSESSIONS
All of the wisdom literature essentially says the same thing: A rewarding life is defined by the quality of your relationships. At the end of your life when you are on your deathbed, you will not ask the nurse to wheel in your new car nor will you ask the orderly to cart in the money that rests in your bank account. Instead, you will ask that those you love be near you in your final moments and reflect on your memories you have all enjoyed.
If this fact will be important to you then, it should be important to you now. I have found in my own life that I am at my best when my relationships are strong and I am nurturing each and every one of them. If you are finding that you lack fulfillment in your life, dedicate yourself to giving more to your personal and professional relationships and you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

...the rest to be continued...

(by Robin Sharma)

No comments:

Post a Comment